As we have no direct relationship with your customers and Visitors and any other third parties you added to the store, you are solely responsible for informing them about their information collected.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect and maintain certain information you provide directly to us when installing the application to your Store. The information we collect may include your personal and/or company name, telephone number, email address, postal address, and other information you choose to provide.
Also, any email or message you send us will be saved. This data will be used to communicate with you and provide service and information and other interactions with the you. All your content produced within using Giftit, will be used to improve Giftit’s quality of service.
Information Collected Automatically
When you install Giftit on your Store, Giftit is automatically able to access certain types of information that we may collect, save, and process them continuously:
Information of your Store which is accessible from your Shopify account:
- Shop resource: the Store’s general settings and information, including name, domain, currency, language, location and contact email address
- Products: the Store’s product catalog, including details on each product variant, titles, descriptions, prices, images and collections.
- Orders: the store’s orders including details of the customer, their cart, and any transactions.
- Storefront: the store’s themes, including all files, pages, texts, assets and script tags.
Information about you:
- Device Information: We may collect certain information about the devices you use or your Visitor uses with the Service, including such data as unique device identifiers, device brand and model, device name, push notification identifiers, IMEI, AdID, MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, carrier name, operating system, time zone, language, and browser types.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about how people use the Service or Store. This data may include Service usage times, visited pages, clicked links, ordered products, page view times, and linked IP’s. We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services by redirecting links or through other means.
- Location Information: We may also automatically collect your physical location if you choose to enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Information: For commercial purposes and personalized services, permission of setting cookies is taken from you and these cookies will be placed on your computer which, among other uses, allow you to sign in to your Account in a browser and maintain an identified browsing session with Giftit
Use of Information
We use the collected information in order to provide the Service, improving it’s
features and developing new features such as the following purposes:
- To process all of git order and present a table of that;
- To monitor and analyze usage and trends in order to improve the Service, or to improve your experience with the Service, for example by providing personalized content, features, or advertisements for you or your Visitors;
- To verify your identity or your Visitors’ identity, in order to protect your privacy and keeping data protected;
- To link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs or provide you with better services;
- To detect, investigate, and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We may also analyze the collected information, and provide and publish some charts and statistics with commercial usages for public use, or publish their results in a targeted and usable way for various institutions or businesses, and present them to their owners. We may also use this information to develop other services. All of these usages are with fully protecting you and your visitor’s privacy Without any Personal Information being made available or traceable to others. Therefore, except in cases of legal and judicial requirements, we never provide or sell information that can be identified as belongs to who (you or one of your users) to others.
Protecting, Securing and Sharing of Information
Data security is of great importance to us. All Personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
To protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via Giftit. Therefor If password access is required for certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not always perfectly secure and is done at your own risk, and we will not be liable in the case of any unauthorized access to the data which was not directly caused of data leakage or disclosure from inside of our storages.
Personal Information collected through the Service will never be shared with others, except in the following cases:
- With your consent When you give us consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
In response to legal process or a request for information
If we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, we may share your Personal Information with appropriate individuals in such cases:
- Applying any applicable law, ruleو regulation, or court judgment
- Applying Terms of Service that can be applied for inspections or detecting violations
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies
- to protect the rights, property and safety of the Target, our users, or others, which is necessary or allowed due to regulations.
- Inside the Company Employees of Target whose job responsibilities require access to Personal Information are provided with such an access and will use it solely to provide service and support to Clients, and these employees are subject to strict rules on the protection and confidentiality of information.
- Sharing Non-Personal Information We may publish Non-Personal Information in different formats, or share them with our partners, such as publishers, advertisers, business owners, and researchers. For example, we may share some statistics related to the price of goods, the frequency and stock of goods in different places, the number of visits to different goods or stores, or provide statistics from them to others.
Storing and Deleting of Information
All information collected in Giftit is always securely stored and will be kept as long as it is required to provide the Service and improve it or other uses listed in the Terms.
We provide our Clients to respond directly to data subject requests to access, transfer, rectify or erase their personal data, or to restrict or object to the processing of their personal data.
If you contact us at our official email addresses to request something about your Personal Information, we may require you to submit additional information necessary to verify your identity and status as an EU data subject and we will respond to your request directly within 30 days after identity verification.
If we are processing your personal data based upon the lawful ground of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent for such processing at anytime without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw consent, email us at our support email address
If you stop using the Service, unless you request deletion of your Personal Information, we may hold your Personal Information forever after a Client stops using the Service.
Changes of business ownership and control
DPA and GDPR Subject Rights
If you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland (collectively the “EU”), we note that we are processing your information and we rely on the following lawful grounds under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to process (collect, store, and use) your Personal Information:
- When it is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- our or a third party’s legitimate business interest; or
- your consent.
- Always you will be given options to restrict our use of Data or to access them That may include the following:
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your store’s account data held by Giftit
- You have the right to withdraw consent necessary to collect and use your data at any time.
- You have the right for your data to be deleted from the servers and databases of Giftit.
- You can control your data due to policies described in section 4.
- You may decline to submit information through the Service or restrict our access to data, or it may be restricted at your browser’s settings, and so we may not be able to provide all or a portion of the Service to you.
- Security of your data in under policies of section 3.
- Giftit may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. Before that you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies, and you should get this consent from your visitors. Cookies are used to improve your experience of using the Service and to improve our range of products and services. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser and you can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however certain features of the Service may not function fully or as intended.